Our chiropractor at River Valley Back & Neck Clinic is committed to providing wellness services to residents of Fort Smith, AR, and surrounding communities who are afflicted by shoulder pain. Whether your pain started from a fall, sports injury, workplace or auto accident, normal wear and tear, or issues with the spine, we offer chiropractic adjustment and manipulation to help eliminate the pain and improve joint mobility.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Being the most mobile joint in the body makes the shoulder prone to overuse and injury of the upper arm bone, shoulder blades, collarbone, or the shoulder joint itself. Pain typically develops from a direct blow to the shoulder, repetitive use, strains and sprains from lifting overhead, tense muscles, bursae inflammation, and other dysfunctions.
Shoulder Conditions Treated with Chiropractic Care
- Rotator cuff tear
- Stiff or frozen shoulder
- Broken or fractured shoulder
- Separated or dislocated shoulder
- Tendonitis or rotator cuff impingement
Common Pain Symptoms
Your aches or pain can start suddenly or gradually and range from mild to debilitating. You may be unable to lift the arm, bear weight, or perform any task that requires using the shoulder joint. If a nerve in the cervical (neck) spine is pinched, you may experience numbness, tingling, and weakness in the shoulder or arm. Swelling, stiffness, or tenderness may also occur.
Shoulder Pain Treatment by Our Chiropractor in Fort Smith
Comprehensive patient care involves a complete evaluation, diagnostic tests, X-rays and other imaging tests, if needed, to pinpoint the source of the pain. We realize that the best way to provide long-term pain relief is to combine non-invasive adjustment and manipulation techniques with soft tissue repair therapies.
- Chiropractic Shoulder Adjustments: Manipulating and realigning the shoulder joint and bones using gentle pressure is an effective way to reduce pain caused by separation or dislocation. Adjustment therapy also mobilizes the connective tissue, reduces inflammation and swelling, enhance joint function, and jumpstart the healing process.
- Spinal Manipulation: Manual or instrument-based manipulation of the cervical spine is done to relieve pain caused by musculoskeletal imbalances in the neck as well as regulate nervous system functions.
As a part of continuous care, Dr. Osowski may advise you to do corrective exercises to rebuild and strengthen the damaged soft tissue. You can also take advantage of our nutrition and lifestyle programs intended to help you improve your overall health and wellness.
Enjoy Lasting Pain Relief in a Natural and Drug-free Way
Effective pain relief is possible without the use of habit-forming drugs or surgical procedures. Our chiropractor demonstrates this to patients who seek treatment at River Valley Back & Neck Clinic in Fort Smith, AR. Begin your personal experience with chiropractic care by calling 479-785-0400 to schedule an appointment today.