For Natural Treatment After an Auto Injury, Connect With Our Chiropractor in Fort Smith AR
Chances, either you or someone you know has been (or will be) in an auto accident at some point. While our team hopes no one experiences this kind of stressful experience firsthand, we want you to know that at River Valley Back and Neck Clinic we will do everything in our power to help alleviate as much of that stress (and pain) as possible. Our chiropractor in Fort Smith treats a range of common types of auto injury using only the most natural and effective chiropractic care techniques.
Frequently Seen Types of Auto Injury
An auto injury may not rear its ugly head right away. Surges in stress hormones (which can block pain) may effectively "hide" an injury for days, weeks, or in some cases months until hormones return to their normal levels.
What type of injury are we referring to? A few of the most common ones (which can even occur in accidents involving speeds as low as 10 miles per hour) include:
- Whiplash: this is a neck strain condition caused by rapid forward/backward "whip-like" movement of the cervical spine and head. It typically leads to headaches, jaw pain, ringing in the ears, cognitive issues (decreased focus and memory), sleep disturbances, neck pain and stiffness, and shoulder and arm dysfunction. In some cases, whiplash is also associated with concussions or post-concussive syndrome (mild brain injury).
- Sciatica: compression of the sciatic nerve in the low back by an acutely displaced joint or a bulging or herniated (torn) disc. It generally causes nerve-like pain in one leg (shooting, throbbing, burning, searing), along with leg numbness, tingling, and weakness.
- Muscle strains: the high amount of force and energy imposed on the body during auto accidents can easily lead to damage and inflammation in muscles, especially in the shoulder and back.
How Our Fort Smith Chiropractor Manages Auto Injury In Patients of All Ages
Because his services are completely drug-free and non-invasive, our Fort Smith chiropractor can help resolve auto injuries in a wide variety of patients. Some of the most effective techniques he can use include:
- Diagnostic ultrasounds to assist with auto injury identification
- Corrective exercises to facilitate tissue healing, anti-inflammation, and blood flow
- Chiropractic adjustments, to realign spinal joints and stimulate the release of natural analgesic hormones
Recovering From an Auto Accident? Contact Our Fort Smith Chiropractor in Arkansas Now
Call River Valley Back and Neck Clinic now at (479) 785-0400 to schedule an appointment with Fort Smith chiropractor Dr. Alan L. Osowski. He can help you get back behind the wheel and back on the road feeling confident and pain-free!